7.16.2010

Five Things on Friday

1. Will came with me to work today for a bit. It is neat to watch how much the kids love him. Daniel's whole face lights up when he sees Will.


(I promise the kids are laughing, even if Will looks like he is about to eat them. And ignore Will's shorts that are pulled up, he likes to tan those upper thighs.)

2. I have started watching yet another dramatic teenage television show, Pretty Little Liars. All of those shows that leave the audience with cliff hangers get me every time. Will says that screen writers are paid thousands of dollars to do that, but I wish I did not get so easily sucked in.

3. Several hippie moms put on hula hooping lessons at the park this morning. We got to watch them shake their things while twirling a hula hoop from one appendage to the next. I was also given the chance to reminisce about winning the hula-hooping field day events in elementary school.



4. We are attempting to plan a trip out to D.C. in August to see my brother. He is scheduled to leave for Hawaii in October to train before being deployed to Afghanistan in April. Has anyone else been catching the newspaper articles about the amount of troops being killed in Afghanistan? Well, I have, and it is a bit worrisome.

5. I have a tendency to like name brands. Since I am living in the mountains, Patagonia is my new brand of choice. Their clothing is extremely over priced, so I do my best to find them discounted. This means I sometimes end up with stuff that is circa 1980. Just take a look...



We are going to be hanging around town this weekend. Possibly building some lawn chairs and floating the river.

1 comments:

* said...

i am so terrible at hula-hooping... it's always been very upsetting to me.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio