7.25.2010

A Miserable Sixteen

This week in training I had to run 16 miles. Will dropped me off 16 miles outside of town and I ran back. I was feeling pretty good up until the one hour and forty five minute mark, then I just crumbled. Will met me at mile 12 and ran the last 4 with me and had to put up with my crying (literally, I was weeping). It was by far the hardest run I have ever done.

I knew it was going to be a rough run because I started late (9:30 am), I woke up with knots in my calves from backpacking, and I did not get much sleep this weekend. I think this is the part of training where one realizes they are absolutely nuts for wanting to run a marathon. Well at least I feel that way.

I decided to ice my feet and knees because they always seem to hurt the most. The feet ice bath felt not so great, but hopefully it will help me to walk tomorrow.



Even though it took me a billion hours, I can now say I have run 16 miles.

We are off to eat at a Chinese buffet. Being able to eat whatever I want is one of the best things about training for a marathon.

1 comments:

* said...

OMG YOU ARE INSANE!!!!!
How is that physically possible? I wogged 5 miles the other day and felt like I owned the world. You just about trumped that.

I love reading your blog, Steph. You and Will are so cute. It's great to keep up with you and your adventures. I'd love to come visit one weekend!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio